Our mission is to share uniquely Australian stories, with young people at the heart of everything we create. We do this by:
- creating dynamic and diverse new works for young audiences in collaboration with some of Australia’s leading creative artists
- actively involving young people in the creative development of each new work through our Clever Monkeys and schools engagement programs
- touring our work to performing arts venues across Australia, and internationally
- implementing a BOSTES endorsed Drama-based arts education program engaging students aged 3-18, their teachers and communities, in Sydney, online and on tour
- curating a season of theatre for young people in our Lendlease Darling Quarter Theatre, featuring our own and other companies’ work
- providing access to disadvantaged and differently-abled young people and school communities
- providing a venue for emerging and established artists to develop and perform their work.
In 2017, we’ll engage over 108,000 young Australians as audiences, workshop participants and by involving them in the creation of new work.
Now, more than ever, we need help to continue to create wonderful, challenging and inspiring theatre, and share diverse Australian stories with young people and their communities, across Australia and around the world.
We are seeking donors who will come on the journey with us, supporting the creative development of new works and our education programs, building empathy, understanding and shaping the creative minds of the future.
“The kind of works Monkey Baa creates require the audience to participate, allowing the children to be co-creators. Unlike television or a large-scale theatre production, Monkey Baa’s form of theatre requires the audience to be part of the work. This level of engagement creates a profound learning experience: the children literally walk out of the theatre more intelligent than when they walked in.”
Jackie French (Author, Australian Children’s Laureate 2014-2015 & Monkey Baa Patron)
Monkey Baa is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. The company is also a charitable institution endorsed for charity tax concessions by the Australian Taxation Office. Donations of $2 or more are fully tax deductible. A receipt will be issued for all contributions.