Announcing the launch of our Creative Associate program!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
We are looking for a writer, director or performer/theatremaker to join our company. Our Creative Associate will come onboard for a two-year part-time engagement with a unique opportunity to build on their passion for creating theatre for young people.
We are actively seeking applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander artists and artists from Culturally & Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Our Creative Associate will:
- receive two-year attachment to Monkey Baa’s creative directorate
- receive $12,000 stipend each year for two years
- receive mentoring from our Artistic Director
- have the opportunity to experience the multi-faceted workings of a theatre company for young people, including involvement in workshop developments, production creative developments, and our Teaching Artist Tour
- develop an agreed annual work plan to ensure this opportunity is best tailored to meet their needs and desired outcomes
- present their work at the ARA Darling Quarter Theatre in the second year
- spend about one day per week with us, averaged in blocks across the year.
- work some of the time in our office in Darling Harbour, Sydney
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
- Applications close 5pm, Monday 26 October 2020
- All applicants will be informed of their status by 30 October 2020
- Shortlist interviews week commencing Monday 2 November 2020
- Successful Applicant announced by Friday 13 November 2020
If you need any help with your application or have any accessibility requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Eva Di Cesare // email email@example.com or phone 02 8624 9340