Announcing the launch of our Creative Associate program!
UPDATE: 28 October 2020
Due to the overwhelming number of amazing applications received, we have amended our timeline. All applicants, including those who have been shortlisted for an interview, will be contacted by Friday 6 November, 2020.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
We are looking for a writer, director or performer/theatremaker to join our company. Our Creative Associate will come onboard for a two-year part-time engagement with a unique opportunity to build on their passion for creating theatre for young people.
We are actively seeking applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander artists and artists from Culturally & Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Our Creative Associate will:
- receive two-year attachment to Monkey Baa’s creative directorate
- receive $12,000 stipend each year for two years
- receive mentoring from our Artistic Director
- have the opportunity to experience the multi-faceted workings of a theatre company for young people, including involvement in workshop developments, production creative developments, and our Teaching Artist Tour
- develop an agreed annual work plan to ensure this opportunity is best tailored to meet their needs and desired outcomes
- present their work at the ARA Darling Quarter Theatre in the second year
- spend about one day per week with us, averaged in blocks across the year.
- work some of the time in our office in Darling Harbour, Sydney
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
- Applications close 5pm, Monday 26 October 2020
All applicants will be informed of their status by Friday 30 October 2020 Shortlist interviews week commencing Monday 2 November 2020 Successful Applicant announced by Friday 13 November 2020
If you need any help with your application or have any accessibility requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Eva Di Cesare // email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8624 9340